Thursday, May 11, 2006

Ringtones

I got a new phone this week because my last one died on me. It turns on but for some reason none of the buttons work. Luckily my contract was going to expire in August and I was able to sign a new contract. So I picked upp the RAZR for $80, which is pretty sweet.

The phone is awesome. It looks badass. It has a speakerphone, a camera, and most importantly bluetooth. I love bluetooth equipped phones. I had it on my last phone too. With it, I'm able to sink the address book on the phone with the one on my laptop wirelessly. The best part is that it allows you to browse the files on the phone from a computer. This allows me to make my own ringtones and put them on the phone instead of buying them for $3.99 through Cingular. It kicks ass. So, I pretty much spent my afternoon making ringtones for people. This is what I came up with:
    Amanda -- Because she's pretty much obsessed with the song.
    Matt C. -- Because he wrote this song and its a slow jam for the ladies. I've heard that Beth dates him solely for it.
    Dad -- Because he works for GM.
    Dan -- Because his idol is Gordon Gecko.
    Dennis -- Because if he was a woman, he'd be having Springsteen's children.
    Diego -- Because he and the artist, Seu Jorge, are Brazilian.
    Doug -- Because he drives tractors at work.
    Matt B. -- Because he once played this song on repeat in his apartment for like two weeks or so.
    Mom -- Because she's annoyed that this is her ringtone again.
    Qdoba -- Because its in Spanish.
    Steve -- Because the song rules and he requested it.

    Everyone else -- Because its loud and awesome. Mmmm, Kelly Kapowski.
Anybody have suggestions or requests for their personalized ringtone?

For people who have the phone or pretty much any other phone with Bluetooth and want to know how to make their own ringtones, this is how I did it:
  1. Open up iTunes.
  2. Export the song you want
  3. Open the song up in Quicktime (you may need Quicktime Pro)
  4. Trim the song down to a 20 or 30 second segment
  5. Save the song as a .MOV file.
  6. Import the new file into iTunes
  7. Open the Preferences for iTunes
  8. Change the Importing function to MP3 Encoder and set a custom bitrate of 64kbps
  9. Find the imported file, right-click and select "Convert Selection to MP3"
  10. Export the file
  11. Transfer the file to your phone
Good luck.

Tags: , , , &

5 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger Risky Business said...

Ironically, Give Up the Funk is my ringtone for Bean.

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Aventius said...

nice. what's mine? i hope its soul decision.

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Aventius said...

In Windows, you might have to go through Windows Explorer to find the song whereas I could just drag and drop it out of iTunes. I don't recall how to export a song in Windows from iTunes.

I don't know how to access the bluetooth stuff on Windows. I was using a mac with its builtin bluetooth software. Sorry.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Sitting on Pineapples said...

I don't know how to make my phone recognize my computer :(

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Aventius said...

No, you have to get your computer to recognize your phone. Your phone probably can only recognize headsets.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home