Friday, May 05, 2006

Vanity

I really don't like vanity plates. No matter how creative or funny they are, I don't like them. I tend to make fun of every one I see and think the people who have them are lame.

For one thing, they probably (I'm not looking up statistics) cause accidents. People tend to tailgate cars with vanity plates in an attempt to read and figure out. I include myself in this group. It is impossible to ignore the tendency of attempting to comprehend the gibberish that is a vanity plate. We should be focusing on driving down the road instead of trying to figure out that YTOK BUG means the Y2K Bug. Mind you, I saw this on a model year 2000 VW Bug. Lame.

Well, I was driving up to Michigan State to party with my brother Doug before he graduates tomorrow and I came across this on a Volvo station wagon:



For those who don't understand, GRFNDOR is supposed to represent Gryffindor, one of the four houses within the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the crappy Harry Potter novels. I can't think of a better way to alert the world to the fact that you're a nerd and enjoy sub-par literature that was written for children. Oh, the car had a second bumper sticker plastered on the side window saying something like how the car was protected by magic.

People amaze me.

Tags: , , &

2 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Blogger Sitting on Pineapples said...

HUFFLEPUFF

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Aventius said...

hahah lame.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home