Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Nacho Libre and the World Cup final

I know how Aventius hates how I fit multiple subjects under one entry, so I decided I am going to keep doing it. First, an update on my life:

I feel much better. Blood tests show I do not have Lyme disease despite Pineapples' attempt to inflict me with his army of killer Maryland ticks. The medication is working wonders and my rash is down to the size of a quarter now. I feel better and am now able to wander about. I'm back to working, but I still can't stay in the sunlight very long because of the medication.

So the night before the World Cup final, My two cousins, my Dad, and I decided to go to San Francisco to watch it at some Italian bar. The game started at 10:30 AM California time, so we had to leave at 8 to get to San Fran in time and get a decent seat at the bar. That night we decided to go watch Pirates of the Caribbean, but it was sold out, so we decided to see Nacho Libre, which I can say with all confidence is the WORST movie ever made. I have finally seen a movie worse than Pearl Harbor which I thought could never be "topped." The movie is so stupid, which I don't mind because Dumb and Dumber is a stupid movie, but that movie was funny. Nacho Libre is not funny at all, despite Jack Black's best efforts. I recommend a root canal while slamming your dick into a doorway and listening to Dave Matthews before I recommend that movie.

So that movie was a late show and after 5 hours of sleep we were ready to go to to San Fran. The clouds were rolling in early and as we approached the city, all you could see was a big cloud. We arrived at this Italian bar in the middle of Chinatown and we got the last 4 seats at the bar. There was this guy who was right off the boat Italian, complete with greasy hair, Mario and Luigi accent, leather boots, white pants, and a silk shirt. He did have his HOT girlfriend there with him though. The bar gradually filled and by gametime, there was precious little room. There were a lot of Zidane jerseys and some cutie French women. The name of this bar was Pizza Orgasmica, so naturally we ordered a pie, but i didn't cum my pants, so I felt slighted. The Italian guy next to us talked the whole game in Italian, which was kind of cool to hear at first, but then got annoying, but then was so constant I started to tune him ouy, so I didn't mind. The first penalty kick was bullshit! A clear dive by the Frenchman. Italy's goal was great. To sum the game up, I will just say that I've seen 5 World Cup finals and remember each with clarity since Diego Maradona's magical tournament in '86, and the 2006 final was probably the best one I've seen in my life, just barely beating Argentina beating West Germany in 86. Even the shootout ending didn't bother me. The whole Zidane incident has been talked about for a while, so I won't bother. I'll only say that if Materassi said something racially motivated, than Zidane overreacted tremendously. Racial insults are commonplace in international soccer. The trash talk in soccer is unbelievable. Maradona got called a "half-nigger" every time he faced another country's team. Did Thierry Henry blow up when a Spanish crowd threw bananas at him and called chants of "monkey" at him? No he didn't. Zidane has a history of being a hothead and he did overreact, but then again, I'm not from Algiers and I don't know what exactly was said to get his blood boiling. One of the biggest cheers from the packed bar came when ABC showed Bill Clinton in the stands. As all of you know, I sorely Bill Clinton as president and I consider him the best president of the past 30 years. The bar started a "Clinton, Clinton" chant and also a "USA" chant. Gotta love liberal hippie San Francisco.

The game ended and we went on a tour of San Fran. We drank at a bar outside of the Giants' stadium, which is a gorgeous area. We took a tour of Alcatraz and we drove through the rich part of San Fran and my cousin showed me Robin Williams' house. Let's just say he spared no expense for his habitat. There were tourists standing outside the house I guess hoping to get a glimpse of the comic legend. I could definitely see myself living in San Fran except for the weather. The city is positioned exactly where the cold north air meets the warm pacific air resulting in cloud cover year round and that makes the weather cold. My cousin tells me that there are generally 2 weeks of hot weather in June and then the rest of the summer is usually 55-70 degrees. I was wearing a hooded sweatshirt in July and was still a little chilly!!! One other about San Fran...there are no black people here! I'm not saying it's good or bad, I'm just saying that in a major metropolitan city, I find it unusual for there not to be a large black population. I guess that the Japanese and Chinese are the blacks of San Fran. Well, time to go. Later fools!



Tags:

4 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Blogger Aventius said...

i was in lancaster at the time... not much cheering for him there.

so you saw a giant cloud over San Fran when you drove in? was it a smug cloud?

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger NoOneSpecial said...

smug cloud! i could definitely see that....and yes, there are a lot of hybrid cars here and a lot of "impeach bush" bumper stickers

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Sitting on Pineapples said...

dw... what I have made for you is especially delicious...


too long...didn't read

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger NoOneSpecial said...

uh.....ok

 

Post a Comment

<< Home